Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Best Pound Cake Ever!!

One thing I've learned is that southern women know how to make the best pound cakes! It all began about 4 years, 6 months and 4 days ago... ;o) I married a southern boy! Then I started to notice at all the family gatherings how good the food was! Last year, Chase's Granny gave me a "Feeding the Flock" recipe book that her church put together. Can you guess the first recipe I looked for?! That's right...pound cake. FACT: This is the most moist pound cake you'll ever have. In the past I've made some pound cakes that just crumble when you cut into them. I needed some coffee or tea to drink right away so I wouldn't choke on all the dry crumbs in my mouth. Anyway! Not this recipe. So, without further delay here it is:
Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1 (8oz.) pkge. cream cheese
3 c. granulated sugar
3 c. cake flour (Swans Down)
6 eggs
3 sticks of butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond

Cream sugar and margarine until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Add flavoring; then flour and cream cheese (alternate, beginning and ending with flour). Pour into a greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until brown on top.


No comments: