Friday, April 1, 2011

Buzz Lightyear Birthday



Luke's 2nd birthday party was a success! The theme was Buzz Lightyear since he gets so excited about him! It was an unusually hot day for mid-March but we enjoyed the summer-like weather for the outside birthday party. ; ) I made alien cupcakes which were by far the easiest cupcakes I've made for a bday. I found the recipe off the Disney website and you can check it out here.

The idea for the cake came after I googled 'Toy Story' cakes and saw a variety of different designs. I made a chocolate cake with blue icing and then made some clouds out of fondant. I found a super simple recipe for marshmallow fondant here.

Then I just made some marshmallow pops. I took lollipop sticks (available at Hobby Lobby) and stuck marshmallows on top and dipped them in chocolate and then used some sprinkles to decorate them.

I wish I was able to make more decorations and all but time was my enemy. haha...
And I regret not taking a picture of my cake before the Buzz figure fell off the front and left a dent. Oh well, forgive the imperfection. ;)










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! My son wants a Buzz Lightyear party, and I love the cupcakes. Could you tell me how you did the eyes??
Thea