Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Knockoff Pottery Barn Owl Bookends


I saw these Pottery Barn owl bookends a few months ago and thought I could try and make them for my daughter's school room. The original ones cost $29.00 plus shipping. My owls cost $11.00 for the material, thread, stuffing and rice.
Basically, I just pulled up the image of the original PB owls on my computer and tried to copy it as best as I could. I will say, if you try and make some, be careful to keep the eyes close together and the wings rounded and falling to the side. My first attempt came out looking a little bat-like. (not good!) After I embellished the front of the face I sewed the sides and wings together. Then I stuffed the top of the owl with poly-fil and filled some zip lock bags with rice for the base of the owl.


No comments: