Friday, December 9, 2011

It's almost Christmas...

I'm a little behind with my posting but better late than never. =) We've been busy decorating the house, going to Christmas parties, baking cookies and enjoying this time of year! It sure helps living in Colorado and having snow on the ground to put you in the Christmas spirit. This year we ventured out and got a real Christmas tree. The kids loved picking the 'perfect one' and its been less upkeep than I expected.
I found a really neat website that has step by step instructions on how to take glowing pictures of your tree. You can check it out here.
In this rental home there is no fireplace and mantel (which I really miss) but we made a temporary mantel with some pieces purchased at Ikea totaling $16.
You can have this printable too! A friend found it on Pinterest and I just love this verse! It's available in blue tones or red tones like the one below, here.
I love filling vases with different seasonal items. For Christmas I like using faux snow and glittery pine cones along with some cranberries.
I tried to add more white accents to our tree and absolutely love the Smith & Hawken ornaments that Target is carrying this year. Here are some of my new favorite ornaments.





I'll finish off this post with some more decor around our home. I hope you all have enjoyed putting up your Christmas decorations as we have. I love this time of year!



 
Linking up with:
The Nester

 

3 comments:

Kim said...

It looks lovely, Rach! Too bad about the fire place - I can only imagine how much you miss it with it being that cold!! :(

Blankenship said...

Thanks! Yes, definitely miss it. It's a MUST in the next home we buy. =)

Miss Charming said...

Such pretty touches. I like the Christmas print but my favorite is the little sled with the greenery. So perfect.